As someone who is a devil for procrastination I looked up a few things on various websites about dealing with this very common problem. I have focused on this one particular website called: http://www.it-career-coach.net/2008/01/02/how-to-overcome-procrastination-in-8-easy-steps/
**EDIT** I forgot to put in this line – This web page is aimed at IT projects but it can be easily moulded into the writing processes we writers perform 🙂
The sections include:
- The Procrastination Problem
- So, What Makes Us Procrastinate?
- The Cost of Procrastination
- What’s On Your “Put It Off List”?
- How To Overcome Procrastination
The final section about how to overcome the problem is divided into multiple steps:
- Step One: Visualize the End from the Beginning
- Step Two: Count the Cost
- Step Three: Brainstorm
- Step Four: Make a Public Commitment
- Step Five: Gather Material
- Step Six: Break it down ? Do it One Step at a Time
- Step Seven: Sweat It Out For Ten Minutes
- Step Eight: Set the Bar Low
These interesting steps/methods are rounded off with a ‘Final Thoughts’ message from the author of the post. A nice little ‘Best Wishes and all the Success’ kind of thing.
I hope you find something useful from this and the best of luck to you 🙂